Received a PDF file and need to edit it? Looking for a free PDF editor? PDFescape enables users to edit PDF files, fill in PDF forms, add or remove pieces of text, rearrange pages, or completely remove pages from files.
PDFescape is an online platform enabling users to import PDF documents through its web interface, from either a local computer or the Internet. Using PDFescape, PDF documents can be modified with several tools.
You can use PDFescape as follows:
- Go to: www.pdfescape.com
- Click Edit Your PDF Now.
- There are four options: create new PDF, upload PDF, load PDF from Internet, and load PDF previously opened. For editing a PDF, click Upload PDF to PDFescape, and then Choose File, and Upload.
- The toolkit to the left has three tabs: Insert, Annotate, and Page. To use a tool, click on it, drag to the page, and click on the page.
- Under Insert, you can add Text or Whiteout text. Under “More”, you can add an Arrow among other shapes.
- Right-click the shape, and select Object Properties to adjust the “Opacity” among other features for some shapes.
- When you finish, you can find a green button to the left allowing you to download your edited PDF document.
With PDFespcape, you can edit PDF files and fill in forms. You can add text and shapes to PDF files, move and delete pages in PDF files, create new PDF forms, share PDF documents, print PDF files, and save PDF files to a local computer.
Under the Page tab, you can find the ”Deskew” tool. Among the common problems in scanned PDFs is skewed pages. With the PDFescape “Deskew” feature, users can draw a line indicating the proper horizontal alignment of a page to make the PDF file straight.
If you use Chrome or FireFox, you can download the extensions of PDFescape. PDFescape extensions allow you to automatically open PDF files you find online in PDFescape, making it your default PDF reader.
A similar online tool is called CutePDF Editor.