This Chrome extension helps you to look up an unknown English word. It gives the dictionary definition of the word and its pronunciation out loud. The app works on PDFs as well. The app provides a quick reference from different dictionaries:
- translation to your native language based on Google translator;
- definition based on Longman Dictionary (LDOCE);
- pronunciation based on Howjsay;
- phonetic transcription based on Oxford; and
- example sentence(s) based on Longman Dictionary.
Possible Usage Methods:
- right click on the selected word and choose the app’s menu item.
- select a word and click on the extension’s icon
- select a word and Ctrl+Shift+A
- double click on the word
- display a search box in the popup
To add the extension, open this link in Chrome.