Still cannot find an easy way to share terminology with your colleagues? Exchanging glossaries via email everyday is not convenient. Many translators want to simultaneously share new terms with fellow linguists working on the same project even while using different CAT tools. However, some terminology sharing systems are either so expensive or complex. multiQA offers an out-of-the-box method for terminology collaboration.
multiQA is a web-based terminology management system that supports integration with the free dictionary lookup desktop application GoldenDict. multiQA offers a dedicated version of GoldenDict that can connect to the multiQA portal for searching, adding, and editing glossary terms. The terminology portal multiQA.com allows collecting and sharing glossaries; you can get a free account and use your own and other public glossaries from GoldenDict.
- Download and install the desktop dictionary lookup application GoldenDict with multiQA support.
- Open GoldenDict and then Edit menu > Dictionaries.
- In the multiQA tab, insert your login details of the multiQA portal.
- Click Login to display the list of available glossaries. Check the glossaries you need to use.
- Under Working Glossary, select the glossary to which you want to add new terms.
- Click OK.
Now, you may like to display the Results Navigation Pane to enhance usability by right-clicking the toolbar GoldenDict and selecting the option from the list.
- In the Look up field, try typing any term to search.
- In the navigation window, Found in Dictionaries, click multiQA.
- You can add new terms, and edit or delete current ones; right-click to display the relevant options.
- In external applications (e.g. CAT tools), you can use the GoldenDict hotkey Ctrl+C+C to show the pop-up window.
multiQA includes terminology approval workflows as well as role-based user management system. multiQA supports several glossary file formats including TBX, CSV, XLS, XLSX, and Excel 2003 XML.
multiQA provides several sorts of Quality Check, including Terminology Consistency, Spelling, Localisation Rules, Inconsistent Segments, and Tags & Entities. Quality Check features can be run on different file formats including: Comma separated values (*.csv); Idiom WorldServer (*.xlz); Microsoft Excel (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xml); Microsoft LocStudio (*.lspkg); Rich Text Format (*.rtf); SDL Passolo (*.htm, *.html); Trados (*.sdlxliff, *.sdlppx, *.ttx); Transit NXT (*.ppf); Translation Workspace (*.xlf, *.xlz); Wordfast (*.txml); TM exchange format (*.tmx).
For more details, contact: info (at) multiqa.com