Have you ever wanted to convert files without the need to download software? Well, that is how ZAMZAR introduces itself.
In four simple steps, Zamzar run any of the 1200 different supported conversions, including audio, video, image, and ebook formats. Among the popular ones are PDF to Word, PDF to Excel, DOC/DOCX to PDF, JPG to Word, FLV to MP4, AVI to MP4, PNG to JPG, TIFF to PDF, AIFF to MP3, JPG to PNG and many others.
There is no need to install any software or to register; you have wide range of conversion options free of charge. Still, Zamzar offers more options for registered users including converting bigger files up to 1 GB, 100-GB online file storage, and priority conversion service over free users.
There is also the URL Converter that allows you to specify a link to the file you need to convert instead of uploading it.
PDF files can be converted to about 30 formats, including:
- bmp – Windows bitmap
- doc/docx – Microsoft Word Document
- epub – Open eBook File
- fb2 – FictionBook 2.0 File
- gif – Compuserve graphics interchange
- html – Hypertext Markup Language
- jpg – JPEG compliant image
- lit – Microsoft eBook File
- lrf – Sony Portable Reader File
- mobi – Mobipocket eBook
- mp3 – Compressed audio file
- odt – OpenDocument spreadsheet
- oeb – Open eBook File
- pcx – Paintbrush Bitmap Image
- pdb – Palm Media eBook File
- pml – eBook File
- png – Portable Network Graphic
- prc – Mobipocket eBook File
- ps – PostScript
- rb – RocketEdition eBook File
- rtf – Rich Text Format
- tcr – Psion eBook File
- tiff – Tagged image file format
- txt – Text Document
- xls – Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet
- xlsx – Microsoft Excel 2007 Spreadsheet
Moreover, Zamzar has a feature for converting files directly from your email account by sending the file to an email address. For example, to convert a PDF file into an RTF file, attach your PDF document to an email and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zamzar also offers a “Convert with Zamzar” button to use it from your Chrome browser directly.
To complement that, if your files are too big to send by email, you can use FilePigeon to send such large files for free.
You can also use SandwichPDF.com to create OCRed searchable PDFs from scanned PDFs.